Rest Easy—The Experts Are Here
Tax law is a complicated affair that changes with each season. Through rigorous professional training and routine participation in industry briefings, we sustain mastery of the current tax law, complex tax code, and new tax regulations. This discipline enables us to offer a full range of tax preparation, planning, and support services.
Are you anxious about filing your own tax returns? Even a simple return may require multiple forms. The instructions often evoke more questions than answers. While a computer software program may help, there’s no substitute for the quality of service and advice you’ll receive from an experienced tax professional.
- Federal & State Income Tax Preparation
- Individual (Sch. C, Sch. E)
- S corporation
- C corporation
- Tax Exempt/Nonprofit
- Estate & Trust
- State & Local Tax Preparation
- International Tax Services (Foreign Bank Accounts, Foreign Businesses)
- General Excise Tax Preparation (G-45 and G-49)
Proactive planning is the key to minimizing your tax liability. We work with businesses and individuals to pay the least amount of tax required by law. Your unique circumstances will determine the strategies that we can employ to maximize the money you keep in your pocket.
- Tax Advisory
- Trust & Estate Planning
- Out of State Sales Tax Analysis (Wayfair Ruling)
- Fixed Asset Services (Depreciation, 179, Bonus)
- Tax Credits & Incentives
- Tax Structuring (C co vs. S co vs. Partnership vs. LLC)
- Splitting income among several family members or legal entities to take advantage of lower income tax brackets
- Shifting income or expenses from one year to another when it can yield a lower tax rate
- Deferring or eliminating tax liability through use of tax-advantaged investment vehicles
- Tracking all expenses eligible for itemized deduction
- Taking advantage of tax credits
Your unique circumstances will determine the strategies that we can employ to maximize the money you keep in your pocket.
If you have been selected for an IRS or state tax audit, professional representation can set your mind at ease. We’ll take the lead in dealing with the tax authorities based on our familiarity with their procedures and our intimate knowledge of the tax code. We’ll make sure that you don’t get an unpleasant and unwarranted surprise at the end of the process.
- IRS and State Controversy
- Tax Notices
Even if you have not been targeted for an IRS Audit, you may be aware of problems that will catch up with you eventually. Common examples include:
- Missed tax filings for one or more years
- Insufficient funds to pay the tax liability when due
- Failure to remit payroll taxes
We’ll work with you to review your prior tax years and make sure that all of your tax filings have been submitted accurately. If you don’t know what’s included in your tax record, we’ll help you get copies from the tax authorities without raising any “red flags.” We’ll assess your tax liability and the associated interest and penalties. Then, we’ll work with you on an approach to negotiation.
Get In Touch
HiAccounting would be pleased to get in touch to discuss your accounting needs.
Maui Office24 N Church Street
Wailuku, HI 96793
Oahu Office700 Bishop St. Suite 600
Honolulu, Hi 96813
Office HoursMonday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Closed on Holidays